At the turn of my 30th birthday, I reflected on my life and told myself that I had to do or achieve a list of 30 things before I turned 31. This list was of course, a list of goals for me to work towards, rather than something that I really needed to achieve.
At the start of 2015, I had my list. I knew exactly what I wanted and perhaps needed to achieve. These were the things that would keep me motivated, focused as well as kept me in good momentum for the next decade or rest of my life.
I lost my list along the way because I had hand-written them but I never lost the spirit of trying to achieve the list.
Now, because the list was finalised only in January and my birthday is in December, that gives me an additional month to finish whatever else that I’ve set myself out to do.
Though I can’t quite remember all the 30 things on my list and also because things took several changes along the way, here’s the list of things that I’ve managed to achieve or done thus far this 2015:
- Got myself a 400cc motorcycle, a Super 4 Spec 3 – awesome deal
- Invited as judge for NUS PBMUKS ‘Pesta Pantun’ competition
- Climbed ‘Danau Tujuh’ – an alternative to Mt Kerinchi as it was closed
- Launched By Definition Pte Ltd‘s first book, ‘Lagu-Lagu Rakyat – Belajar Bernyanyi Bersama’, the first fully illustrated phonic friendly Malay sing-a-long book in collaboration with my very good buddy, Reyza Hamizan.
- Conducted an overseas youth motivational programme
- Grew By Definition Pte Ltd’s clientele and number of projects
- Performed in ‘Semoga Bahagia’ production🙂
- Emcee-ed several functions
- Watched Maroon 5 concert ‘LIVE’ in Singapore
- Joined a political party, Singapore People’s Party (SPP)
- Stood as a political candidate for General Elections 2015 as an SPP candidate in the SPP-DPP team at Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC
- Passed my IPPT
- Ran my first injury free 10km run (the first 10km in a long time)
- Maintaining a healthy lifestyle (balance of exercise and healthy diet)
- Met a gorgeous lady who became my partner
- Booked and God Willing, my mini pilgrimage to the holy land
I’m far short from my intended list of 30 things but I’m happy with what I’ve managed to do in a year.
To put everything into perspective, there’s only so much I can do in a year. 30 things may have looked too much to achieve given time and situational constraints.
Looking back on the past 3 decades of my life, I can’t say that I’ve had any regrets. I’ve done pretty much most of the things I really wanted to since I was young and while I’m far from the multi-millionaire appearing on FORBES and TIME magazine cover page by 26 years old that I had set my sights on since I was 12, I’m still on path towards that dream now that I know what needs to be done.
Moving forward, to start the next phase of my life on the right track, I’m really looking forward to my upcoming pilgrimage and because I’ve received several requests from dear non-Muslim friends who are interested to know more about this, I’ll be blogging my experience from time to time throughout my entire journey.
While my experience may differ from others, I hope that the information and journey that I will share with my dear non-Muslim friends (whom I hope will read la hor) will be helpful to them as since we may have shared experiences, it will be an emotional journey for us as well.
For now, I need to think about my 10 year plan before I break it down into my yearly goals.