Haze has taken its first casualty in Indonesia and at this time that I’m blogging, PSI stands at 400!
It’s the average over 3 hours. So, chances are, the actual reading could be much much higher, possibly 500?
Anyways, a lot of people in Singapore are asking for Ministry of Manpower to issue a STOP WORK order for the health and safety of all Singaporeans.
No doubt, it is hazardous BUT there are many implications attached to issuing such an order because when issued, it must be adhered to and will affect MANY THINGS.
- Because you can now go home, you think you can go home or go catch a movie? People working in Cinemas also get to go home lah. So does all the other restaurants and shops. That means, all shopping centres must close.
- If you happen to fall ill or there’s a crime, no Emergency Services (Police, Ambulance) will be attending because they are also entitled to go home. Not fair right if you get to go home because you were pushing for a STOP WORK order and they don’t get to go home? Clinics and Hospitals must also close. Patients hang out on their own lor.
- Closure of airport. Seletar Airport has already closed. If STOP WORK order is issued, Changi Airport must also cease operations. Hazardous mah!
- Aiya, basically, whole country must shut down.
- NEA also must stop working. CNA also stop working. So, the only shows you get to watch are those that have been scheduled. If nothing is scheduled, nothing to watch on tv lor.
- Hopefully your mobile phones and internet can still work then cause even they have to go home.
Billions of dollars will be lost when this STOP WORK order is issued.
So, let’s all work on managing this haze by keeping ourselves fit and healthy.
- Wear a Mask, preferably N95. Singa-sports Academy has some stock of masks for sale. It’s not N95 though.
- Stay Indoors.
- Eat and Drink Healthy! I’m doing this by ensuring I have my stock of raw honey. $15 per bottle (530grams), $40 for 3 bottles. Islandwide Delivery (Singapore). Limited supply.
- “And thy Lord taught the Bee to build its cells in hills, on trees, and in (men’s) habitations; Then to eat of all the produce (of the earth), and find with skill the spacious paths of its Lord: there issues from within their bodies a drink of varying colours, wherein is healing for men: verily in this is a Sign for those who give thought” [Al-Quran 16:68-69]
- It’s antioxidant and anti-bacterial properties can help improve digestive system and help you stay healthy and fight disease.
- Its use for centuries is as a treatment for sore throats and coughs, and according to recent research, may in fact be as effective as many common cough medicines.
- Thanks to its antimicrobial properties, honey not only soothes throats but can also kill certain bacteria that causes the infection.
- Honey mixed with cinnamon has been shown to revitalize the arteries and veins of the heart and reduce cholesterol in the blood by up to 10%. When taken on a regular basis, this honey-cinnamon mixture may reduce the risk of heart attacks and stop another from occurring in people who have already suffered one.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of raw honey will soothe lungs and the irritated airway.