I was in the showers when this just came to me…
If you’re a Muslim, imagine this…
If your life on earth is an examination and God had to give grades for it to determine where you’d go in the afterlife, this is probably how it’d be graded
Semestral Examinations – Daily Prayers
Term Tests/Exams – Muslim Lifestyle
CCA Grading – Sunnahs
To be admitted to Heaven, your Daily Prayers are first evaluated:
- 100% score – 5 Times a Day Prayers Completed (Superb Quality Heaven)
- 80% score – 4 Times a Day Prayers Completed (Good Quality Heaven)
- 60% score – 3 Times a Day Prayers Completed (Average Quality Heaven)
- 40% score – 2 Times a Day Prayers Completed (Not Bad Quality Heaven)
- 20% score – 1 Time a Day Prayers Completed (Still Heaven Anyway)
- 0% score – 0 Times a Day Prayers Completed (Thinking of Heaven? Go to Hell la you!)
I’d imagine God would still be kind to allow you to try to go to Heaven if you managed to clock even at least one prayer a day, he’d put you in the lowest rank of Heaven for effort at the very least. But if you don’t bother to even clock one prayer and want to get into Heaven, I figured he’d tell you, “Go to Hell la you! No shame is it?”
Okay, perhaps based on Semestral Examinations alone aren’t sufficient to judge alone, so God also evaluates you based on your Term Tests/Exams which is something more periodic, like in school..
- Consumption of Halal Food & Beverages
- Ensures that Aurat is closed to non-muhrims
- Reads the Quran regularly
- Performs the remaining 3 pillars of Islam since the first is recitation of Syahadah and next is Prayers.
- Basically, you avoid what’s Haram as stated in the Quran.
So, based on your Semestral Examination grades which perhaps constitutes 60%, God then looks at your 40% of the grades which is your Term Tests/Exams and puts that into consideration. Probably he has a checkbox table list as well for every single Haram/Halal/Makhruh and gets his angels to record on it every time you Think and Do something.
We all know that you don’t get No Ticks for Bad Thoughts but you get Good Ticks for Good Thoughts!
Last but not least, just like your GCE ‘O’ Level exams, because Heaven is so competitive to enter, especially when you want to try to vie for a space in the Heaven where the Prophets and his friends are at, the best way to distinguish the ones’ who really deserve to go there would be to look at how much of the Prophet’s Sunnah (Practices) does one perform!
The more you perform Prophet’s Sunnahs, the better your chances to get that A1 grade to help you gain better chance for admission to Heaven of the Prophets.
So, looking at your Semestral, Term and CCA grades, where do you think you will end up in Heaven?